We are currently recruiting for a Technical Engineer whose duties will include:
- Prepare accurate, competitive and detailed technical quotes based on information received via post, e-mail or fax.
- Deliver quotes within set timescales to maintain company’s customer service targets.
- Prepare load assessments and load calculations imposed on lintels using BS5977 ‘Methods of Assessment of Loads’ based on the analysis of architects and structural engineers drawings.
- Specify standard off-the-shelf products, and also custom-made items designed specifically for relevant projects.
- Prepare lintel calculations at the customer’s request to satisfy building control authority.
- Carry out an individual design service of any non-standard or bespoke steel lintels.
- Issue confirmation drawings for the customer’s approval for special lintel orders received
- Answer technical phone queries, whilst serving the customer with the highest level of technical and customer service.
- Periodic office and site visits to develop customer relationships and to measure up/solve technical issues.
- Collate information and prepare clear and structured technical reports on findings from site.
- Ensure the company scheduling service is accurate, cost- competitive and returned within the agreed time-frame to maintain the company’s customer service targets
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- Ideally a 2:1 Degree, or above, from Engineering-related discipline e.g. Building Engineering/Civil Engineering/Structural engineering
- Experience in a similar role
- Knowledge and experience of AutoCAD and Manufacturing drawing
- Focused on Customer Service
- Good organisational skills
- Target driven & ambitious
- Excellent communication skills